Note: This meeting is currently not running due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it is safe to meet in person again we will restart these meetings.
What is a Talk & Listen Group?
A Talk and Listen Group (T&L for short) is a confidential group conversation focused on how we live our lives as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender elders (age 50 and up). It has a few special qualities and guidelines. Here’s how they work:
- A facilitator guides the discussion to make sure everyone gets a chance to be heard.
- We start by going around the room to introduce ourselves and, if you feel like it, sharing how you’ve been since the last meeting.
- Anyone is free to suggest a discussion topic that has been on their mind recently. The facilitator distills some of those suggestions into a starting topic
The “rules” are simple:
- ◦We don’t judge, criticize, or give advice.
- Instead, we speak only from our own experience, relating the challenges we have faced in our own lives and how we have approached them.
- The rest of the participants are free to take these ideas home to consider whether they suit their own lives.
A Talk & Listen Group is not a therapy group, but it is meant to be supportive.
Are Talk & Listen Groups right for you?
Let’s talk about it and see how you feel.
For more info, email Kenneth at email@example.com with your name and phone number so we can have a chat.